Join the CrowdScores team
Here at CrowdScores we have a fantastic team of people working on a product used by more than 1 million football fans. Our aim is to create the best football community in the world and we need to grow our backend team to achieve this.
We offer flexibility in where and how you work, what we care about is what is what you deliver. We create substantial new features every week alongside dealing with significant scaling challenges as CrowdScores and our userbase continues to grow.
In our backend team you will:
- Get to write great Python code in a team of talented developers
- Build and work on distributed systems that process large amounts of real time data
- Have your say on architectural, code and workflow decisions. These decisions are made by the team together, so everyone has input
- Use a range of technologies including; RabbitMQ, PostreSQL, MongoDB, Flask, Django, Vagrant, AWS, Ubuntu, Firebase and more. Knowledge of these is not essential – you can learn them when you get here
- Have the chance to introduce and work with new technologies. We have no dogmas and are open to trying new things when it makes sense
- Use Agile, TDD, continuous integration, frequent deployment and Code Reviews
- Write and work with Microservices
- Reguarly attend conferences and meetups
- Have the option to get involved in the DevOps side of things (if you want to!)
- Take part in Hack Days
The person we are looking for:
- Has experience writing Python, and loves to code
- Enjoys problem solving, big or small
- Is a self starter who loves to learn
- Is looking to get involved in a dynamic, fast moving start up company where no two weeks are the same
- Wants the chance to work on and contribute to modern, greenfield projects.
Working with us, you will:
- Work in a relaxed, flexible tech-startup atmosphere, where the outcome matters more than anything else
- Be given the freedom to get your job done
- Face challenging, interesting and varied problems
- Be given your choice of top of the range laptop (OSX, Windows or Linux)
- Work in the centre of London in our offices just off Fleet Street
- Wear whatever you like to work
- Join an enthusiastic, collaborative team that cares deeply about the quality of code that they write
- Share in the success of the company through share options
- Have unlimited holidays
- Be invited to regular team & company socials (check out some photos from them here)
- Enjoy free tea, coffee and fresh fruit
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.