INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our application, our site crowdscores.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our app, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion or other social media functions on our app, enter a competition, promotion or survey, report about events, set up matches, leagues and competitions and when you report a problem with our app. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, football team(s) you support, personal description, location and photograph, as well as information about the particular sports you are reporting about. When you give us personal information about third parties you warrant that you have full authority from that third party to share such information with us and agree to indemnify us for any loss we suffer as a result of your breach of this warranty.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our app we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your mobile device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, version, operating system and platform;
- information about your use, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our app (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling and clicks), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- information from any social media that you connect to your account with us, such as facebook, twitter and gravatar, such information to include you name and photograph.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email, push or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details onto third parties for marketing purposes, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your mobile device;
- to attribute the content that you upload onto our app to you.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our app and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our app to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your mobile device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our app safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our app about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources including other linked social media accounts.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our app.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If CrowdScores Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our app; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our app may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.