INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our app, crowdscores.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our app, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion or other social media functions on our app, enter a competition, promotion or survey, contribute data about events, set up matches, leagues and competitions and when you report a problem with our app. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, football team(s) you support, personal description, location, social media account details and photograph, as well as football information. When you give us personal information about third parties you must ensure you are properly authorised to do so.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our app we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your mobile device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, version, operating system and platform this data may be shared with 3rd party analytics companies, usually in an anonymised form;
- information about your use, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our app (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling and clicks), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number ;
- information from any social media that you connect to your account with us, such as facebook and twitter, such information may include your name.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including Social Media accounts or third parties who will have informed you of their intention to share data with us (such as amateur league partners).
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways and on the basis of our Legitimate Interests in providing the service and information provided via the Crowdscores App; maintaining and improving that service; and supporting the provision of that service through in-app advertising.
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the service and information supplied via the Crowdscores app. This includes notifications of upcoming fixtures; information on teams, players and fixtures; live scores information and the ability to contribute to and comment on games;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your mobile device;
- to attribute the content that you upload onto our app to you.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our app and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our app to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your mobile device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our app safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have a right to object to the processing of your personal information for the uses described above. If you wish to object, please contact us on email@example.com.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors where it is required for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, solely for the purpose of providing the service to you and the uses outlined above.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our app.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If CrowdScores Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our app, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our app; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will retain your information for as long as is required to provide the service to you. Should you cease to use the service we will retain, and may process, your information for a period of up to 3 years and will then delete it unless one of the following apply:
- We are obliged to retain your information for any statutory or legal purposes, such as HMRC requirements to retain records pertaining to tax and financial affairs;
- It is necessary to retain your information for prevention of fraud, site or app misuse.
Right to be informed: we must tell you that we are collecting and processing your information, why we are doing it (to provide you with the service and information via our app) and on what lawful basis (Legitimate Interests).
Right of access: you have the right to access your information, we should respond to this request within a month.
Right to erasure: the right to have your personal information erased (also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’) we should respond to this request within a month.
Right to restrict processing: you have the right to request we restrict or cease processing your information, it is not obligatory we comply with this, but we will endeavour to comply with reasonable requests where practical, we should respond to this request within a month
Right to object: you may object to our use of your information for Legitimate Interests as stated previously, you may also object to our use of your information for direct marketing purposes, we should respond to such requests within a month.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address at the top of this Policy.
Our app may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Should you feel dissatisfied with our response to any requests or enquiries, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office at – www.ico.org.uk